The Ladies Room

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Christine Steendahl of Dine without Whine

Hi Christine, I'm so excited to chat with you. :)

1. Tell us about your business.

I am the owner of www.dinewithoutwhine.com/offer that launched in March 2005. We provide family friendly, easy to prepare weekly menus with categorized grocery shopping lists. These are delivered to our clients e-mail boxes each week. This allows our customers to print out their menu and grocery list, make a quick trip to the grocery store, and then easily enjoy home cooked family meals each evening.

2. Do you have any recent news, products, a new launch, freebies, etc.

- I just launched www.partnerupdates.com with Susanne Myers who is my business partner for www.recipes.healthymenumailer.com . This is a special site for our awesome Dine Without Whine and Healthy Menu Mailer Affiliates; to provide training, and resources that will help our affiliates be successful. I also will be raising the Dine Without Whine Affiliate Commission August 1st. I also have some exciting things coming in the near future but I am not quite ready to announce those yet. If you want to keep up to date on those feel free to join my free newsletter, become a subscriber to DWW, or become an affiliate.

3. What are your absolute favorite products or resources you can't live without in your business (or have helped you the most)?

- Mom Masterminds. It is honestly the best money I have ever spent on my business. I did not know much at all about running an online business until I joined.

- My Virtual Assistant, Online Business Partners, and my Affiliates

- The basics I need to run my business –Web Hosting, Microsoft FrontPage, Amember ( www.amember.com ) and of course my E-mail.

4. What's your best advice for someone just starting out in online business?

- Choose Something You Love and do some research to make sure there is a market for it. Then think about a way that you can stand out from everyone else.

- Stay focused. It is easy to get one thing started and before it is really running smoothly jump into something else – be it another web-site or just another project for your current web-site. I was a Scrapbooking Consultant, I sold on e-bay and I started Dine Without Whine. It came to the point where I didn’t have enough time to do any of them well, yet I was terrified to give up the income from any of them up. I finally through faith gave up both the Scrapbooking and E-bay. Those two business’ were making me much more than Dine Without Whine was at the time, but after I gave them up I was able to focus and now Dine Without Whine is making much more than all three combined were in the past. It is also less stressful to focus on one thing.

- Accept that gaining traffic is a slow and steady thing. Focus on things that will pay off in the long run such as Search Engine Optimization and Article Marketing.

- If you have a product, start an affiliate program. It is the best way to quickly get your name out there, you are helping others make money as well, and you meet some great friends!

- Finally Dare To Dream Big and Don’t be Afraid To Ask. If there are people you need to network with to reach your dreams, just ask. If you think it through and present it well, you might be surprised who will say yes.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the great business tips, Christine! I particularly like your advice to find something you love. So many people are out there just trying to peddle a product and make a buck. We love our home business, because we help the 7 out of 10 people in the U.S. with no Dental Benefits, and show them how they can save up to 80% on all their Dental expenses. Helping people is such a great feeling!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home